Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Popcorn Crunch - another winning recipe from Charlotte!
- 10 Cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts, pecans or pumpkin seeds
- 1 To 2 cups Chopped dried apples
- 1/3 Cup honey (local honey is my preference)
- 1/3 Cup butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt, or to taste
- Pour popped popcorn into a couple sheet pans.
- Sprinkle nuts, apples and cinnamon over popcorn before topping with the caramel.
- Heat the honey and butter in a saucepan until bubbly.
- Keep at a low boil, whisking occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the baking soda, whisk and drizzle pour over the popcorn.
- Mix until popcorn is well coated. (This is very hot so use caution).
- Bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle popcorn with sea salt. Pour into a large container & allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.