FOOD AS MEDICINE SYMPOSIUM
This event is not sponsored by the Weston A Price Foundation; we are sending this to our members as a courtesy.
The National College of Natural Medicine and the Food as Medicine Institute is proud to present the First Annual Food as Medicine Symposium on April 5th and 6th, 2014 at the NCNM Campus. We welcome both the public and professionals to share knowledge and learn about the Healing Power of Food.
Theme of the Symposium
Naturopathic Nutrition: Combining Modern Science with the Wisdom of the Healing Power of Food.
Date & Location of the Symposium
Saturday April 5th and Sunday April 6th at the National College of Natural Medicine (049 SW Porter, Portland, OR)
Please register online at: http://foodasmedicineinstitute.com/food-as-medicine-symposium/
Bob Moore, owner of Bob's Red Mill will keynote the conference attended by physicians, healthcare professionals, and the public. Whole Grain Foods - Life Insurance You Eat, Bob Moore, Bob's Red Mill
Industry leaders, physicians and healthcare professionals will deepen their knowledge of clinical nutrition and physicians will receive 10 hours of CE Credit. The general public will be welcomed to a conversation on combing modern science with the wisdom of the healing power of food.
Physician Presentations will focus on diets preventing and treating cardiovascular disease, food sensitivity assessments (exploring the benefits and challenges), nutrition for optimal brain health, therapeutic diets for exercise and fitness, and practical guides for leading group or individual detox programs. Topics and presenters include:
- The Impact of Advanced Glycation End products (AGEs) on Diabetes and General Health, Jessica Black, ND
- Understanding Food Allergy and Sensitivity Testing in Clinical Practice: Wendy Hodson, ND
- Reversing Heart Disease with Diet: Martin Milner, ND
- Analyzing The Diet Diary: Nutrition, Pathophysiology and Docer: Mona Morstein, ND
- Seven Strategies of Detoxification: Empirical and Scientific Evidence to Support the Application of Naturopathic Detoxification: Bonnie Nedrow, ND
Public and community members will hear from noted physicians and nutrition experts on topics ranging from current nutrition trends to traditional knowledge including:
- The healing power of nourishing foods. Bone Broth, Chef Tressa Yellig
- Inclusive Cooking and the Power of the Food Experience, Chef Abby Fammartino
- Seven Strategies of Detoxification: How to Live Well in a Toxic World, Bonnie Nedrow ND
- Breast Milk: The Original Superfood: JoAnne Edwards
- Cooking for Diabetes: Jessica Black, ND
Natural Foods Industry
Vendors will be invited to promote their products relating to food as medicine, nutrition and local sustainability. There are a variety of options as a vendor, some of which are sponsorships enabling heightened visibility to an audience of nutritionists, naturopathic doctors, specialists in the field and other individuals who are interested in this fascinating topic. For information regarding Sponsorship or Vending opportunities, please contact Sasha Steiner, Business Development Officer at NCNM at email@example.com