MSG * Sweeteners * Additives - What's in our food and why you really need to know! "Additives that Subtract.....from the nutritional value of your food"
Sampling of Bulletproof Coffee - healthy coffee without aflatoxins
- http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/ourblog/the-longevity-webcast-with-dave-asprey (an intro section to a larger video conference)
Learn which additives and sweeteners are safe and which are potentially hazardous to your health. We will discuss MSG, aspartame, citric acid, natural flavors, modified food starch and others. We will also cover how to properly read labels and talk about the surest way to avoid dangerous additives: eating unpackaged, unprocessed, unpolluted, whole foods!
Presenters from Salem Chapter WAPF:
Patti Bowman, CN
Vonnie Lincoln, MEd
Presentations and information from the meeting:
Some other useful info on additives:
- Chris Kresser www.chriskresser.com
- Sarah Ballentyne www.thepaleomom.com
- Mark Sisson www.marksdailyapple.com
- WAPF http://www.westonaprice.org/
General Meetings: 3rd Tuesday of most months (7-9 pm) - These meetings include a variety of topics, speakers and discussions. Contact Linda Ellis for information
Meeting Location: LifeSource Community Room - Candalaria Terrace Mall at 2657 Commercial St. SE, Salem